Sign in to follow this  
amysinger

PageLines Framework is more than I need...how do I simply upgrade my Platform theme to pro?

amysinger    0
amysinger

Clearly I'm a noob. Have tried to understand what to do, but it's unclear. I simply want the Pro version of Platform, not the entire Framework. (Which I've purchased and now have no idea what to do with. I don't want to lose all the settings in my Platform theme...just add the Googlefonts to them, etc. And I emphatically don't want the theme to be responsive. We have ads that can't be bumped off the sides no matter the width of the screen.) How do I do this? Thanks for helping out a lost soul, Amy

catrina    103
catrina

There is no Pro version of PlatformPro. I think you are referring to PlatformPro itself (since the only version of Framework is PageLines Framework, which isn't a theme, but a framework, and the PageLines Pro theme is the theme designed for that Framework).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

amysinger    0
amysinger

Yes, I meant the Pro version of Platform. So I have to have the Framework in place to then get the Pro theme? I couldn't find it in the store here...where is it? And will I be able to retain my Platform settings? Thanks for your help! Amy

catrina    103
catrina

Framework already uses PageLines Pro by default. You don't need to install anything additional. Since PlatformPro is a complete different theme, you'll need to set up your settings again. For further reference, please see this: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Migrate_from_Platform_to_PageLines

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

amysinger    0
amysinger

Catrina, THANK YOU! I'm stuck on something now -- on the right sidebar, the "SPONSORED BY" section is showing the ads as tiny thumbnails. The widget settings have not changed since it worked fine in the old theme, and I can't find any setting in Page Lines that's automatically shrinking images. It's also putting them in bordered boxes, and I didn't want that either. They're supposed to display in 1 vertical line, no borders. http://knittyblog.com Do you have any idea where this is happening so I can fix it? Thank you! A