Sign in to follow this  
greenfly

Page Specific CSS on boxes

greenfly    230
greenfly

i would like the box text on this page to behanve differently than on the main page. On the main page the padding is 165 to push it right so the image fits. However, on this page from research on th eforums i think it should be something like the code that follows

.page_id=430 #fboxtext {padding:  0 1px 0 10px;}

it doesnt work though.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

batman    389
batman
I have not firebug in this moment but you can prove something like [code]#page-id-430 [/code]

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Jenny    33
Jenny
Yes it is not [code].page_id=430[/code] but rather [code].page-id-430[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

greenfly    230
greenfly
so i thought it would be [code].fboxtext #page-id-430 {padding: 0 1px 0 10px;}[/code] or [code]#page-id-430 .fboxtext {padding: 0 1px 0 10px;}[/code] but that doesnt work. :(

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

catrina    103
catrina
Actually, the selectors need adjustment. ;) Try this: [code]body.page-id-430 .fboxtext {padding: 0 1px 0 10px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

greenfly    230
greenfly
Thanks Catrina. BUT, nope that didnt work..

catrina    103
catrina
In shorthand padding code, the order of pixel values for different sides of the box are as follows: top, right, bottom, left To illustrate it more easily, see this code: [code]body.page-id-430 .fboxtext {padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 1px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 10px;}[/code] You'll need to adjust the values accordingly. If you add this code and make changes, is there any effect?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

greenfly    230
greenfly
Hi Catrina and thanks again There are no changes when i add the code and alter the values.

catrina    103
catrina
I inspected your page and found that it's a margin issue. Please try this CSS instead: [code]body.page-id-430 .fboxtext {margin-left: -165px;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

greenfly    230
greenfly
Thanks Catrina, no that didnt work either. Thanks for your efforts i am trying a few other variations.

greenfly    230
greenfly
Hey all - i fixed it with [code].media .bd > :last-child { margin-bottom:0; padding: 0 1px 0 7px;}[/code]

Rob    547
Rob
Glad you were able to fix this. Since it's resolved, I'll accept an answer for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur