Sign in to follow this  
hopeofglory

Drop-down menu CSS not applying to all

hopeofglory

Hi I just noticed that my drop-down menus are not using the same custom CSS. The ministers menu is different from the ministries menu. How can i make both to look like the ministers drop-down menu. Thanks

batman

You can try add in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules

.dropdown-menu li > a:hover, .dropdown-menu .active > a, .dropdown-menu .active > a:hover, #site .dropdown-menu .current-menu-item > a {
	    color: rgb(51,51,51);
	    text-decoration: none;
	    background-color: transparent;
	    text-shadow: none;
	}

But I believe you must review your CSS nav code ;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

hopeofglory

This is the only custom CSS I added: .dropdown-menu a { font-size:12px;} The rest is from pagelines. I will try batman's suggestion

hopeofglory

That works well but the only issue here is when you over your mouse, the blue background each text is not showing so no indication which you are clicking on

Danny

Hi, You have this custom CSS:

.dropdown-menu li > a:hover, .dropdown-menu .active > a, .dropdown-menu .active > a:hover, #site .dropdown-menu .current-menu-item > a {
	color: #333;
	text-decoration: none;
	background-color: transparent;
	text-shadow: none;
	font-size: 12px;
	}

Remove it and your and your submenu when hovered will be the same size (at the moment it changes upon hover) and also the blue hover background will appear again. Keep in mind we can't design your site for you so if you need CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox and check out W3 Schools for more info. Also please be sure to watch our Firebug video tutorial here. If your site requires customization, you may wish to consider requesting a quote from one of our authorized Professional designers by visiting our Pros page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

hopeofglory

I have removed it but it still doesn't explain why one drop-down is showing OK and the other is different.

batman

Hi, i believe that now I understand what happens In the Nav you have: Ministries - Marriage Ministry - Glorious Men - Women Of Purpose - Youth Fellowship Link all to http://www.hopeofgloryinternational.com/ the same page, so all are blue when you select any. In the other case Minister - Pastor Victor Iruobe Link to http://www.hopeofgloryinternational.com/pastor-victor-iruobe/ and Pastor Ann Iruobe link to http://www.hopeofgloryinternational.com/sn-pastor-ann-iruobe/ They are different pages, and look different, if you select one or another it change only one to blue.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Rob

Batman is correct that the menu must be absolutely correct to function properly.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

hopeofglory

Thanks Batman All looks good now without making any changes except removing that CSS code. Thanks for your help.