Sign in to follow this  
greenfly

Displaying boxes as rows.

greenfly

I have some soap boxes in the content area i would like to display 4 of in total and and 1 soapbox per row. I have tried using firebug and think the CSS value to change is 'display'. i can get the boxes to move around but not as one under the other. Can anyone help me crack this? Thanks in advance

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly
fixed it in firebug - i changed the width [code].pp2 { width:90%;[/code] but when i put this into custom css it doesn't change it on the site. I cant find it in firebug css style sheet selector thing. thanks

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

batman
Hi grrenfly is [code].pp2 {width: 90%;}[/code]

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

greenfly
yeh that works but i want to move the image to the left. i imagine i indent the text and te image shhould just sit in the gap left by the indent. I cant get it to work though. why aren't their more options for changing the image positions on the box. if i figured it out i think i would try to code a plug in that does it.. for mine and everyones benefit.. thanks batman

batman
I move your image right with [code]body .soapboxes .fboxgraphic img {float: right;}[/code] I like it, you can move it left. ;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

greenfly
ok nice! ive figured that! how do i indent my text though? sorry for all the questions

Rob
Indent it or move it? Indenting means to move the first word in several spaces. Moving it means to shift the entire block of text.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

greenfly
opps! moving is what i meant. ive sorted this now. but it carries over the all other boxes. im trying to rectify this. it's my nubeness to CSS & firebug that's slowing me down. I've posted another discussion so ill close this.. thanks everyone Greenfly