Sign in to follow this  
me@exitpath.com

How to create a page exactly like Pagelines Tour+Feature Slider on top?

me@exitpath.com

Hi Folks - I'm designing landing/squeeze pages and product presentation pages for my own sites, and helping clients who have Pagelines get a better handle on the design aspects. The two site links above (Google's new tablet and Pagelines' own presentation) have what appear to be left and right oriented images with the requisite text. Lovely spacing all around. And great font selections. is there a way to create and save that style page as some sort of theme template, then reuse across sites? I'd love to hear a "yes!" from the awesome Pagelines crowd. Much appreciate any insights you might bring to the table. best, Mark Alan Effinger WebNutrients.com - Real NZT-48

Rob

Hi, the Tour Page uses the Hero element, which should be an activated section (if you have Sections properly activated) in the Store. Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections and it will tell you if Sections is not installed and will ask you to install it. In the Hero sections, the images are set flush right or left with CSS applied. Use Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool to help you identify the element. In our case, the images have a negative value for padding. The font selections are via our Google Fonts plugin. You can create a Base (child) theme of your own and include your own styling there. That can then copied to another site via FTP. See: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Create_a_Custom_Page_Template for more info.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

me@exitpath.com

Dude! Thank you - exactly the detail I needed. Will feature the site once it's ready. I so very much appreciate you folks here. Rock-stars, all of ya'. Best, ME

James B

Thanks for letting us know it worked. I've accepted an answer on your behalf for moderation purposes. If you need to continue this discussion, you may do so by just adding additional comments.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B