tpldrew

Importing Pagelines Settings .dat file Throws Error (PageLines-Settings-20120614.dat)

tpldrew

Hi, I downloaded the settings file you provided on: http://demo.pagelines.com/framework/tools/ At the bottom of the page. I went to import it but I get the following error: "There was an error with import. Please make sure you are using the correct file." Is there anyway to fix this? At least if I got a more explanatory error, I could troubleshoot. Thanks, drew

Rob

Drew, You downloaded the .dat file and where did you try to import it? The .dat file goes into Dashboard > PageLines > Dashboard > Import-Export where you'll Browse your local computer, find and upload the .dat file. I didn't see you mention doing this.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tpldrew

@Rangelone, Thanks for your response. Yep. That's where I uploaded it. I've been working with Pagelines for a year and a half and I've never had the import error before. - Drew

Rob

Interesting. Could be a permissions problem with the destination. Unfortunately our developers are out for the weekend and I don't know where that file would be uploaded.

tpldrew

@rangelone, Thanks for the response. I don't think it's a permissions problem, but it might be. I can't find a place to log that. - drew

Rob

Drew, Can you email me the .dat file or tell me how you generated it? robert at pagelines.com

Rob

Okay. I downloaded it, receiving a zipped file. What message are you getting when you try to upload? You mentioned an error message. Can you screenshot it?

tpldrew

Rangelone, I tried it again today, and now I just get a blank page with all my attempts at uploading any .dat file. Not sure why that might be. - drew

Danny

Hi Drew, I imported the demo's .dat file without an issue. Therefore, it could well be a server configuration error. Would it be possible for you to provide you PHP info please. http://codex.wordpress.org/Finding_Server_Info

Please search our forums, before posting!

tpldrew

I just got the error after changing the filename to 20120614.dat Screen%20Shot%202012-08-22%20at%209.15.21%20AM.png There error just reads "There was an error with import. Please make sure you are using the correct file.

catrina

Do you have any CSS? Can you please check to make sure you're not missing any semicolons where they should be?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Danny

Hi Drew, Is the site you're currently testing this on local or on a live server ? If it is local, can you try this on a live server. I am sure this is a server configuration issue.

Simon

Wait you downloaded it then renamed it?

I just got the error after changing the filename to 20120614.dat

tpldrew

@simon Yes, For some reason the file won't upload to my server with the name I downloaded it as. - drew

tpldrew

@Danny Yes, it's a live server. Hosted by MediaTemple. - Drew

catrina

I am wondering if you have custom CSS (if there is a problem in the CSS, it may be affecting the import settings).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon

OK the file is zipped, thats what the .zip extension is. Unzip it, there is a folder and inside the folder is the .dat file.

bobbekaer

Hi :-) I'm having the same problem importing settings to a freshly installed WP + Framework. I tried importing from another Framework page, but it didn't work. All I could see was a blank page. Then I tried to use the .dat file Drew mentioned (and yes I did unzip it *lol*). But no difference, I stille get the blank page. If it is a matter of settings at my webhotel what should I be asking for? It would be soooo much easier than having to recreate everything :-) Bolette

Danny

Hi Bolette, Even though this is a similar issue, would it be possible for you to create a new topic please.

tpldrew

Simon, I know that it is a zip file. I unzip the file and it upload the .dat file and it throws the error. - Drew

tpldrew

Catrina, It's the file from Pagelines found as a demo. - Drew

Danny

Hi Drew, Like I mentioned above, I did not rename the file, I simply imported the .dat file via: Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Dashboard > Import-Export The file imported as intended, therefore can disable all active plugins before performing the import. If that doesn't resolve the issue, can you please provide your server info, instructions in my previous post. Also, can you enable the PageLines debug mode: Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Advanced and then enable PageLines debug mode. Once enabled, let us know.

Simon

Drew you said you renamed the file. From what to what?