Sign in to follow this  
highreach

Buddypress message page formatting error

highreach

Hello All, After upgrading WP and PL, my Buddypress messages pages and forum pages have some odd formatting errors. See pics below: Here you can see the overlap of users information over their picture. 1679kp4.png Here you can see some of the formatting is thrown off on the columns "voices" "posts" and "freshness" The title also looks a bit funky 2qvsd9v.png Any ideas on how to get this back to good? Thanks

Jenny

Is Buddypress the latest version? Do you have any custom CSS code?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

highreach

Hey Simple mama! I have 1.5.6. Here is my CSS code: body{} #bp-adminbar-visitrandom-menu {display:none;} add_filter('bbp_has_replies_query', 'modify_replies_query');

Danny

Hi, The following code is not CSS

add_filter('bbp_has_replies_query', 'modify_replies_query');

That type of code needs to be added to your functions.php file of your child theme. Therefore you need to remove this code. Only valid CSS should be added to Custom Code > CSS Rules. Removing this, may resolve your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

highreach

Danny, Thanks for the info! I didn't know that line should not go into the "custom code" box. I took out the code, clicked save and reset the cache plugin to see if they page went back to normal. Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. Do you have any other suggestions as to what it could be? Thanks a ton for everyones help.

Danny

Hi, Just so we can rule it out, can you disable your cache plugin completely and see if the issue is resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

highreach

Hey Danny, Thanks for the idea! I disabled it completely but I still have the layout issue.

catrina

Did you add this code (that you removed from CSS) to the functions.php file?:

add_filter('bbp_has_replies_query', 'modify_replies_query');

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse