Sign in to follow this  
wingsforweb

NavBar in footer

wingsforweb

hi, today i started designing a new website on my local server-machine. it's my first time with the new pagelines update. in my workflow of creating the site i saw a new drag&drop section for the header-area. i thought that looks quite good. my problem is now, i need the same section in the footer but with a different menu. like this: topmenu > NavBar > menu1 footermenu > NavBar > menu2 is it possible?

catrina

You can use Appearance > Menus to create a separate menu for the main navigation (top menu) and the footer navigation. For the top menu, you'll need to set it under Primary Website Navigation in Theme Locations (top left corner). For the footer menu, set it under Page Navigation in Footer Columns in Theme Locations.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wingsforweb

hi catrina, thats all clear, but is it possible to set the NavBar section with a different menu than topmenu in the footer area? i would like to have 2 different menus, 1 menu in the header and 1 in the footer, both should look like the standard NavBar-section for further customization. in the pagelines-backend its only possible to set one menu to the NavBar-section.

catrina

Ah, yes, NavBar. There isn't a way to set a different menu in the footer. You'll need to use a different approach (instead of NavBar) to create a menu different from the one in the header.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wingsforweb

hey catrina, sry about writing back so late. i already found a solution for my problem. navbar works also with footer-area, the only thing to do is to customize the 'workswith' in the section.php of navbar. then i was able to set up navbar as fixed menu on top and in footer. for fixed menu and the footer menu you can choose the menus in pagelines-navbar-panel.

wingsforweb

thanks catrina. everything works fine now!

Danny

Hi, It awesome that you resolved your issue. However, we already provide a Footer area menu called Simple Nav. I am not sure for the reasoning of the NavBar not being set to Workswith the Footer area but there must have been reason for this. Please bear in mind that if you run into a issues, we will be unable to provide support for this customisation.

Please search our forums, before posting!

wingsforweb

hi danny, thanks for the info. i know that custom changes in the core sections aren't supported by pl. until now it works fine, i hadn't had any issues yet. also the responsibility works fine. but may be there are some issues in the future or may be not. issues are part of the whole life and need to be solved ;-). that makes it more interesting. best greetings from austria.