Sign in to follow this  
kramerdesign

Adding social icons and search bar above a branding/nav bar and a button below- best way?

kramerdesign

Just getting started with Pagelines and am wondering what is the best way to add a social icons and search bar at the very top of every page ABOVE my branding/nav bar. I'm also trying to add a "Donate Now" button below my branding/nav bar. Just not sure what is the best way to do this. Using branding/nav seems to disable the social icon functionality entirely.

catrina
For the social icons, do you already the social icon images you want to use? I think these icons and the search bar can be implemented using a hook. The same goes with the "Donate Now" button.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kramerdesign
Yes I have a custom set of social icons and a custom graphic "Donate Now" button. Can you elaborate a bit on the hook or point in the right direction to figure out how to use this feature?

kramerdesign
Took care of the "Donate Now" area with a Banner. Just need to figure out how to do a top menu and search using hooks.

Danny
Hi, This is an example below. [code]// add_action('hook_name','function name'); add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'add_icons_to_branding'); // function name function add_icons_to_branding(){ // what the function does??“in this case adds a stumbleupon icon to the header of your theme. The class referenced in the link can be seen in the style.css // and is the image from the CSS is placed in the images folder ?>[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!