Sign in to follow this  
mustard

Changing colours in the child items of a drop down nav

mustard

Hey, I've struggled find a solution to this. I have a nav bar with no background colour, the nav items/text (inactive) are a dark grey, the active state has a dark red background with white text. The problem is the inactive child items(sub nav) are the same dark grey as the main nav but with the dark red background colour. Screen-shot-2012-07-24-at-5.21.30-PM.png How do I change just the sub nav inactive colours? I've used the simplecss lite plugin to get me where I am. Please help

Danny
Hi Mustard, I noticed that you're using the Nav Classic section for navigation. Therefore, you can use the free plugin called Simple CSS lite. This plugin should assist you with your error. http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/simple-css-lite/

Please search our forums, before posting!

mustard
Hi Danny, Thanks for the response. As stated above, I'm currently using the simple css lite plugin and it doesn't seem control sub nav items separately from the 1st level nav items. Is there a class that controls sub nav menu items?

Danny
Hi Mustard, Add this to your custom CSS and see if this does the job! [code]ul.sf-menu ul li a { color: blue !important; } ul.sf-menu ul li a:hover { color: green !important; }[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

mustard
Danny, You're a lifesaver. Thanks so much for your help.