Sign in to follow this  
Sourena

Changing the Feature Slide's Background

Sourena

I try to change the Background for some of the Feature Slides. I made a transparent PNG picture and placed the address in the Feature Slide area in the Admin. Everything looks good on all browsers except on IE. During the fade-out transition the transparent ares turn into black. I tried to replace the background with a JPG image but it does not show up. What could be the reason and what is the solution to this problem?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

cmunns

I know that IE does have issues with image transparency in some versions, but that doesn't explain why your .jpg isn't showing up. Did you change the file path and extension and all that too? Clear Cache?

Sourena

I found out what the problem was. I placed the direct path to the image file in the Feature Background box instead of placing the CSS code. That was why the image did not show up. But the problem with the transparent PNG is still there. I guess as long as IE does not completely support PNG I should not use it. But I wish Pagelines could provide us with PSD files for the homepage so we can use the background in a JPG file. Any JPG background I made for this website shows the borders because the green color I make does not match the color of the background.

alefba.us

Andrew

we would provide the PSD files but we aren't using images to do borders, we're using CSS. This is something that could be tweaked with a little custom css :) As for the png files, the themes come with a way to make them IE6 compatible, but we don't recommend designing for IE6 as its time is almost up...

Sourena

I don't want to change the borders. That could be easy in CSS. What I need is adding a see-through background as you see in this sample: http://alefba.us/agccarpet/ The green rays on the background is a PNG file with transparency. That is the image that does not look right on Internet Explorer. I do not care if IE6 does not show the image correctly but even IE8 does not show the transitions correctly. Is there any way to fix that? Despite the fact that we all resent IE most people are still using it. By the way, where can I download the PSD?

alefba.us

cmunns

IE does support GIF transparency if you want to do that instead. Also, the files are AI files and can be purchased with the developer package and downloaded in Launchpad

Sourena

GIF images can have transparent areas but cannot handle translucency. What I need is a PNG-24 image that can create a translucent background so one can see the green background through it.

alefba.us

bryan-hadaway

IE7 and up can handle any PNG type and style. But, you quite literally need a custom graphic designed is that correct? Unfortunately we can't do that for you, have you looked into hiring a Graphic Designer? Thanks, Bryan

Sourena

Bryan, I am a graphic designer myself. I did not expect you to create the images for me. What I asked was how I can use a transparent background. I already have made that but it does not work properly because it seems IE cannot handle that. I cannot use GIF because it is a backward format that does not handle translucent images that PNG-24 does. My question was if there is any solution to this because without any solution the background feature the theme has becomes useless. IE 7 and 8 do handle showing PNG but they handle showing the "fade-out/fade-in" correctly. Just take a look at this page to see what I am talking about: http://alefba.us/ See how the "fade-out/fade-in" creates black areas in IE. All other browsers show it correctly.

alefba.us

cmunns

Let me see if I can implement it. The plug-in is for jQuery not for WP, did you try any other solutions from that link?

Sourena

No. I don't understand how I can use them.

alefba.us