Sign in to follow this  
robertph

Platform Pro - How to make feature boxes inline with side bar?

robertph    1
robertph

Hello, Does anyone know how to make the feature boxes inline with a left hand side menu? I've tried a few CSS tweaks, but cannot seem to make it happen. I can't figure out how to get them from being on a new line, and full page width. Here is how it currently is: Kxq5h.png Here is what I am after: UDr1o.jpg With the feature boxes inline with the sidebar as the content box is. Even if I increase the height of the side bar, change the feature box CSS to inline, and decrease the width of that, they still want to go to a new line. Does anyone know how to make this happen? Thanks

catrina    103
catrina
I'm not exactly certain how this could be done. With the way the page is structured, I think you'll need a more in-depth customization than CSS tweaks since no matter where you try to re-position the sidebar, it may not always appear correctly on the browser.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

robertph    1
robertph
I may have found a way... But I'm not sure if it is the best way... I added a custom CSS style: #boxes .dcol_container_3{width: 750px; float: right;} Where the width is the width of the feature boxes on the page. Seems to work okay. Any comments to using this method? I don't anticipate on suddenly changing the layout of the site once it is finalized. But I can see this possibly being an issue if I ever needed to put feature boxes on a full width page for example.

catrina    103
catrina
That looks to be a decent solution. Is it just the sidebar position you need help with?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

robertph    1
robertph
As I suspected, in any other layout this method does cause a problem. But I will probably use feature boxes for my specific left-hand side bar, and Soapboxes for other layouts. Thanks!