Sign in to follow this  
creelman11

activemap plugin

creelman11    0
creelman11

i have been trying to use the activemap plugin- as it seems to be the answer to all customizing questions i have( when searching for on here)- but when i turn it on- it flashes a blank page -then i receive the 404 error page- with no hook info whatsoever. i am on pagelines base theme- with latest vs of pagelines framework- on a macbook pro with 10.7.4 i have tried the following: deactivating all plugins( excpet activemap) changing browsers-safari 5.1.7 /firefox 13.0.1 /google chrome please let me know what im missing- i cant wait to start using this plugin! if you check the site now- i have all my plugins active..so please dont suggest deactivting plugins...Thanks in advance for help

Danny    1,327
Danny
Hi, When it gives a 404, what URL is in your browsers address bar. Can you provide that link here please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

creelman11    0
creelman11
Thanks for speedy relpy - this is where it goes when activated: http://www.marilynsofwestvancouver.com/shop/?actionmap - my wp is installed at marilynsofwestvancouver.com/shop/ but the permilinks are set up to show marilynsofwestvancouver.com so when i click view site it goes to http://www.marilynsofwestvancouver.com/ and when i click in admin bar 'actionmap' on... it goes to http://www.marilynsofwestvancouver.com/shop/?actionmap showing the 404 page do you think its a permalinks thing? Thanks for help, Danny- i realllly appreciate it. i can send a screen shot also..

catrina    103
catrina
I think it does have to do with Permalinks. Permalinks settings are more for changing how the permalinks are formatted for post pages and regular pages - not necessarily for hiding a part of the permalink (in this case, you're trying to hide [b]/shop[/b] by using just [b]marilynsofwestvancouver.com[/b] in the setting). This is why the admin bar "actionmap" uses the marilynsofwestvancouver.com/shop URL. It still thinks that your domain address is marilynsofwestvancouver.com/shop because Permalinks settings on WordPress aren't meant to replace your hosting provider's setting for adjusting the domain URL. If you want to change marilynsofwestvancouver.com/shop to just marilynsofwestvancouver.com, you'll need to do that on your hosting provider's end. I hope that makes sense!

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

creelman11    0
creelman11
thanks you but i fully understand permalinks and you DEFiNETLY do not need hosting provider to change the url-especially for this setup- permalinks like this sites/situation are more common than not .its actually a very often used option as seen in wordpress admin under Settings>General. make sense? uhm. if i understand you are saying that in order to use this plugin i need to move my /wordpress directory - which is ridiculous. how about going into the plugins code and specifing the base url. thanks

Rob    547
Rob
Firstly, the Action Map plugin is designed to tell you where things actually are located on the page. If the page is in /shop/ it's going to say /shop/ come what may. You won't change that with or without permalinks. If those permalinks are deemed incorrect or broken by Action Map, it will throw a blank page. Catrina's got a point though. You're using permalinks as a mask, and not correctly. If WP is installed in yourdomain.com/shop then it shouldn't be asked to go to yourdomain.com/ . That's a guaranteed way to break your site. It may work, but that will only be temporary. She's also correct that if you want to disguise /shop, you have to either move the site up to the root or ask your host to create a mask, unless you're skilled enough to do this yourself.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur