Sign in to follow this  
shanlarter

Different Page Display options

shanlarter

Can I have the "BLOG" template (ie, post 'snippets' on front page, with the title linking to full version of post) on more than one page in the nav bar? I want 3 of my PAGES to use the BLOG template format. Also, can I use the 'featured page' template WITH that same BLOG TYPE setup (ie multiple post snippets on first page with linkable titles)? Thanks

shanlarter

ALSO forgot to ask... if this is possible... how do you manage the 'category widget' on the sidebar? Will it still work (flip between PAGES if category is chosen). thanks!

cmunns

I'm assuming the 3 pages you want all have specific categories? The category pages automatically utilize the "blog" template it's just a matter of creating the 3 nav items with URLs that link to each category. The category widget will always work if it's placed, but it simply lists all categories and doesn't offer any options. With regards to Feature page template I don't understand what you're asking. The feature page doesn't have anything to do with posts. You want the features above the posts?

shanlarter

ok. as i understand it there is a difference between PAGES and POSTS. PAGES are the 'unchanging' website like content POSTS are the 'always updated and adding new' like a trad blog. I want my nav bar, to have 3 SEPARATE buttons that ALL use the BLOG TEMPLATE with the 'front excerpts' of the posts, all with linkable titles. I do not want just a 'category' sidebar widget that moves about inside the ONE blog template PAGE from the nav bar. does that make more sense? thanks for the help :)

cmunns

Yeah that does make sense, but the answer is still the same. If you go to APPEARANCE > MENUS you'll see that you can create a new menu and actually add categories to the main navigation. By default they will show up the way that you're asking when you click on them as a nav item. Does that clarify at all?

shanlarter

so does that mean that ALL of the main navigation buttons have to be the same format then? So I just change the Primary Navigation drop down menu to categories, and then all of the nav buttons will appear in the 'blog type format' with the excerpts and clickable titles? I guess I envisioned some being like this, and others just being a static page. hmmmmm... maybe is the answer to ADD a small-font text navbar across the very top where i would have PAGES of static one-page text/video. (ie. about, contact, recommended resources, work with, etc.) otherwise I will have the format of a BLOG for 'one page' information. Do you want to shoot me because i am just THAT dense? are these questions making sense to you? sometimes i think a 30 second call at a support center would clear up the multiple email confusion and miscommunication. :) thanks for helping!

Andrew

This is possible, but from the sound of it will require a bit o' custom coding. We can help, but if you can provide a mock up of some kind, it will really help us - help you :)