Sign in to follow this  
awww

Help me figure out which CSS is alternating the colors of comments

awww    0
awww

I'm trying to figure out which CSS is alternating the text and background colors of comments, as I'd like them all just to be the same. I can tell from looking at the code with Firebug and Inspect Element that it's something to do with "odd" and "thread-odd" but I'm not getting any joy with the various things I've tried. I thin that's it. Or is it "thread-alt"? Would you be so good as to pont me in the right direction?

catrina    103
catrina
The CSS selector odd or thread-odd or thread-alt may be correct, but there might be more to the code than that. Would it be possible to make your site accessible so I can inspect it with Firebug?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

awww    0
awww
@catrina, I've turned off maintenance mode. This post has comments: http://www.waywordradio.org/kit-caboodle/

batman    389
batman
I??m not sure but ... You can try add in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules [code].cnt-comments a { background: transparent; }[/code]

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

catrina    103
catrina
Thanks! Try this CSS: [code]li#odd.alt.thread-odd.thread-alt {color: #000 !important; background-color: #fff !important;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

batman    389
batman
Uppsss at the same time (11:37PM).... Catrina solution is more better ;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

awww    0
awww
@catrina, that's similar to something I tried and your solution isn't working, either. Take a look: http://www.waywordradio.org/kit-caboodle/

Danny    1,327
Danny
Hi Grant, You can add this to your custom CSS and it will display all your comments with the same color: [code].thread-even, .thread-odd { background: white; }[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

awww    0
awww
@danny That, too, does not work.

catrina    103
catrina
Try this one: [code]li#thread-odd {background-color: #fff !important;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

awww    0
awww
@catrina Alas, no, that doesn't do the trick, either.

catrina    103
catrina
Try this one (the depth aspect of it may also need to be considered in the CSS): [code]ol.commentlist li#comment.odd.alt.thread-odd.thread-alt.depth-1 {background-color: #fff !important;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina    103
catrina
Try each of these one at a time to see if any of them work (it has to be one of these because I've inspected the site and these are the selectors, it's just a matter of finding the right combination): [code]ol.commentlist li#comment.odd[/code] [code]ol.commentlist li#comment.alt[/code] [code]ol.commentlist li#comment.thread-odd[/code] [code]ol.commentlist li#comment.thread-alt[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

awww    0
awww
I wish I knew what was happening here. None of these are working, either. This should work! [code]ol.commentlist li#comment.thread-alt {background-color: #fff !important;color:#000;}[/code] The Custom CSS additions are showing up in the rendered code, so it's not a problem with that.