Sign in to follow this  
je4light

Fixed Navbar and Branding

je4light    0
je4light

Hello, I am doing a local development for a website, and I am trying to place the 'branding' section into my fixed navbar such that it appears in the location where the 'search' would normally appear. I have searched in and out for about 40 minutes trying to find a solution in the forums, docs, and other places online. I assume its a custom CSS but given I'm not a guru, I thought I would ask one. Thanks for the great support.

catrina    103
catrina

Hm, I'm having trouble visualizing what you're trying to accomplish. Do you think you can post an mock-up image of what you're trying to do?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

je4light    0
je4light

You can see on this webstie: http://www.noupe.com/wordpress/25-useful-free-wordpress-plugins-for-multi-author-blogs.html that they have twitter, facebook, and RSS icons near their search icon, This is what I intend, except that it would be on my fixed navbar instead of on a static navbar such as is shown on the above link. That would be ideal. I am settling for a fixed social slider on right side for now, but it is not what I really envisioned. Let me know if you have any solutions.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi, For something like you would need to use a hook, I have provided you with an example below.

add_action('get_search_form', 'nav_social_icons');
		function nav_social_icons(){?>

RSS

LinkedIn
			Youtube
			Google+

Remember, the above code is just an example.

Please search our forums, before posting!