Sign in to follow this  
minute14

Theme the admin panel

minute14

I am using the latest developer edition and have a "quick" question. I've customized the back-end for users who've signed up to our site, limiting what they have access too... but would like to make their 'admin panel/dashboard' visually the same as as the rest of the site. The admin panel still looks like the default WP admin page, just stripped down to the minimum functionality. How can I apply, or whats the best way to apply the PL framework to the wp-admin.php page? Ive seen plugins that allows css to be applied to the admin section... would i be able to copy and paste the css stylesheet from the PL framework in there to make it work? Thanks!

Rob
Unfortunately, the dashboard is actually styled by WordPress, not by PageLines. If you have a plugin that will style the dashboard, I'd suggest giving it a try, as I don't think it will affect the public view. Just keep an eye out on the public view of your site for any potential broken CSS. This isn't likely as the dashboard won't load our CSS files, but it's always possible a conflict could be created. As far as I know, there's no way to apply PageLines Framework to the admin dashboard, but it's an interesting concept I'll suggest to my colleagues. Keep us posted about the results of the plugin.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

minute14
Im making a bit of progress today and once im done, I'll post a screenshot of what I come up with. Thanks again! :)

Rob
No worries. Glad to see you're making progress!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

minute14
Here is what I came up with so far. I used the AG Custom Admin plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ag-custom-admin/) which allows me to colorize the background, font color, and so on. I also found some css templates (i know zippo about css) and applied the css (after a bit of font tweaking on my part) in the 'advanced' tab in the plugin and this was my result. I'll do some final tweaks on the left side menu a bit. But its just about done. See image below It would be awesome to have real customizing of the user admin section and I think Pagelines are the guys to do it! Whatever you guys come up with, I know it will be great Thanks again! [img]http://www.cofounder.us/BackEndAdmin.png[/img]

Danny
Thanks for the suggestion.

Please search our forums, before posting!