Sign in to follow this  
infotwistedtoolscom

what is reset.css and can i change it?

infotwistedtoolscom

i'm having an issue that only occurs in firefox with margins in a modified version of iblogpro. i've found that if i set margin to none in reset.css this fixes the problem. the thing i'm not sure about is what other problems it will introduce. can i safely do this? thanks!

bryan-hadaway

I honestly think it should be just fine, but hold tight for a developers clarification. Thanks, Bryan

infotwistedtoolscom

just tried modifying it to 'none' but its screws up a bunch of other stuff. so, no can do.

bryan-hadaway

Okay, please describe the initial problem you were having in the first place to see if we can come up with a more proper solution. Thanks, Bryan

infotwistedtoolscom

hey bryan, thanks for your help. the 0px margin from reset.css is over-riding the margin i have set for a div on a page that i've created inline, but only in firefox. everywhere else it seems ok...if i use firebug and turn off 'margin' from reset.css it works fine, except other stuff (like the footer) then breaks.

cmunns

That's strange. Inline style shouldn't get overridden by anything. I'm not sure why that is happening but if you want to make sure 100% that your style is not going to get messed with by other styles you could use `!important` after the style and before the semicolon

infotwistedtoolscom

thanks for the tip. i always though !important was just a note to the user. will try to figure this out. thanks!

infotwistedtoolscom

worked like a charm inline by writing "margin-top:15px !important;" thanks again

bryan-hadaway

Great to hear. Thanks, Bryan