Sign in to follow this  
apattee

Style single menu item differently?

apattee

I've figured out how to change the background to a single item, but I can't figure out how to prevent it from having a hover effect, and also a clicked effect. I would like the orange "donate" link to always remain orange. How can I do this? Current code for menu item:

.menu-item-330 {
	background-color:rgba(255,156,0,.8);
	}

catrina
You'll need to add this CSS to make sure it stays orange when selected and hovered over: [code].menu-item-330 a { color: #ORANGECOLOR; } .menu-item-330 a:hover { color: #ORANGECOLOR; }[/code] Please replace ORANGECOLOR with the hex code for orange.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

apattee
That unfortunately did not work. Code is there now if you want to take a look. It looks like the main hover is still kicking in. If it matters, the new menu item css is at the bottom of my CSS.

catrina
I inspected your CSS and came up with these selectors: [code]li#menu-item-330 li.menu-item-330 a li#menu-item-330 li.menu-item-330 a:hover[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

apattee
So are you saying this should be the new code: [code]li#menu-item-330 li.menu-item-330 a {color: #ff9c00;} li#menu-item-330 li.menu-item-330 a:hover {color: #ff9c00;} [/code] That also didn't work. Bummer!

catrina
Ah wait, the color hex code shouldn't be orange if the background is already orange, so I take back using that color for the text link. Please replace it with a different color and add the !important declaration after like so: [code]color: #ff9c00 !important;[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay