Sign in to follow this  
Jackey

Problems with WP Download Manager vs PageLines Framework

Jackey

I'm trying to install WP Download Manager on my PageLines Framework site, and get the problem that when a client is logged out and the login button is displayed, it breaks the layout of the WPDM pages. (the sidebar goes under the content). One can login with demo demo Has anyone a clue what is going on here?

catrina
Looking at your site, it doesn't seem to be a sidebar width issue. Do you have any custom CSS?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Jackey
Yeah, nothing fancy... only some color changes. I tried without the Custom CSS, but that makes no difference. Also disabled all plugins except WPDM Pro at no avail. This really is a setback on this project... Also tied to set it up on a [url="http://www.golfschoolsandy.nl/download/test/"]different site[/url].... same problem. :(

Rob
Jackey, I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm attacking someone else's plugin, but if you look at the page for that plugin, it shows 1 in 5 say it's broken... and this is very bad "0 of 1 support threads in the last two months have been resolved." Obviously the plugin author isn't providing much support for his product. This link: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/download-manager/ also says it's compatible to WP 3.3.2. We're now on 3.4.1. It may simply be incompatible with the way WP is structured on your server.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jackey
Thanks, but we are talking about WP Download Manager Pro... Not the free version. Also the two sites reside at different providers.

catrina
Is WP Download Manager Pro compatible with the current version of WordPress?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Jackey
@Catrina Yes, according to makers of WPDM Pro. Their reaction is actually similar to ranglone's, except with the difference that the cause is the Theme, off course. Allas... all very unproductive. Have asked him to elaborate on what actually is wrong with the theme... I am waiting for his response. Regards, Jackey

Jackey
Cool beans? Not at all... (But I guess you're using this slang with sarcasm) [quote]Okay Shoan, If it is the theme that is the problem, can you please elaborate what is wrong with is, so I can have it properly fixed by PageLines......[/quote] [quote]Hi, Shaon wrote: wpdm pro using regular wp short-code function to insert short-codes. And also no broken html there. Somehow pageline function causing this. You need to discuss with pageline support.[/quote] So I can safely say that he does not have a clue what is wrong and he don't want to bother. I hope it does not end here...

Jackey
Can't grasp how the #sidebar-wrap can end up within #content...

Jackey
When logged in, the page structure is: [code]#pagelines_content #column-wrap #sidebar-wrap[/code] When not logged in, the page structure is: [code]#pagelines_content #column-wrap #column-main #column-pad #postnav #content #texture #sidebar-wrap[/code]

Danny
Hi Jackey, Is this the plugin ? - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-downloadmanager/

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jackey
Actually no... Some confusion now.... There seem to be two plugins with this name. This is the one... http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/download-manager/ And the one I'm using is the premium version.... Will try the free version and see if it has the same issues... No it has not... quite a different puppy though....

Rob
Simon tells me you're looking for a different plugin.

Jackey
Indeed... I found one (WP-Filebase) and am evaluating it now. If you have any suggestions you're very welcome. I'm looking for a plugin that enables me to share files, of all sorts (PDF, AI, EPS, DOC, DOCX, INDD, ZIP, SITX etc) to users with a certain login level. And decently coded so it works in framework of course... ;) Regards, Jackey

Rob
Test this one too: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/easy-digital-downloads/

Jackey
Thanks Rangelone... Looks good, but this time I'm not trying to sell something on the website. I need it to make Digital Assets availble to registered users. The website I'm building is a Brand Portal.

Rob
I wasn't thinking of it in terms of sales, but in terms of registered users or recording downloads. There are a number of ways to make downloads available... but you can't track them or identify the number downloaded with most. Theoretically, you could use Jigo, with a $0.00 price tag and compel them to go to the checkout process. I just don't know of anything that doesn't require some sort of financial level... Even S2Member has financial levels to access select sections where you can post files for download. It doesn't track the downloads though.