Sign in to follow this  
kalciov

Big homepage bug due to excerpts ?

kalciov

Hi the Pagelines team, My homepage (and categories...) on http://www.calci-patrimoine.com totally crashed out. I don't really know how it has appened. I think it's due to excerpts which I have activated in the Wordpress Settings Menu (in Readings) for my RSS. I have tried everythink to recover : - display: none on blog excerpt - swtiching from magazine to blog mode in PageLines settings - adding Full width posts in PL - removing / adding numbers for excerpts in PL... It's like pagelines settings doens't work... Really need some helps, please... What can I do ? Thanks in advance

kalciov
The last one. Just updated it. 2.2.2, I think. I always get the bug - with other ones added of course... :)

Rob
First, deactivate all your non-PageLines plugins. Second, go into any customizations you've made (custom code, changes to style sheets and functions.php) and copy the info to your desktop and remove the customizations. See if it works.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kalciov
I re-did this and it's not working. I think there is some problem with the blog layout and the excerpt...

Rob
Go to the Inbox at the top of this page and send me a new Conversation with your login info. I will take a look. DO NOT put your login information in the public forum.

Rob
Reviewing your site it's clear you have far too many plugins, many of which are outdated and not compatible with Wordpress 3.4.1. Additionally, you have not kept them up to date. When selecting plugins, make sure they are compatible with the latest version of WordPress and are not cited by other users as broken. If a plugin is not kept up to date, it means the plugin author is not supporting his work and it will likely break your site. This problem appears to be one of plugin conflicts and isn't related to PageLines. With 64 plugins the probabilities of conflicts increases considerably. I realize only 38 are active and 26 are inactive, but that's just not a good idea. Many of your plugins may create CSS or code conflicts, even if they are not active because they are in the database. I'd suggest removing all inactive plugins and checking all plugins you did not get from PageLines to make sure it's up to date. Also, update PageLines to 2.2.3.

kalciov
Thanks for the advices !! I'll try all of this.

kalciov
Not working still... Is it sure it's plugins conflict ? I have test everything to detect it... Should I restore my database or something ?...

Rob
What happens when you set the WordPress > Reading settings to Excerpts? When you say the site crashes, can you tell us what happens?

kalciov
I don't really know. I set feeds from Full Post to Excerpt and it crashed. At the first place, I was replairing my RSS feed which was too big. I also tested Super Cache plugin, which cannot work. But no trace of cache in my folders or something. Checked everything.

kalciov
Renaissance man, you are the one ! I realized Page 2 and the others was correct so i compared the w3 errors for both and I found an unopened
in one of my excerpt !!! Thanks so much for your help. I love pagelines <3 Anthony

Rob
Thanks Anthony!

Rob
If you don't mind, please accept an answer to show this issue is resolved.