Sign in to follow this  
kaecreative

Creating a Special Page

kaecreative

Hi, It appears that since the menu items have changed with Pagelines, I no longer have the option to create a special page. Please see attached screenshot. Regards, Mandy LBX0A.png

trizerticus
In your "pagelines-child-template-theme" ( you should be using a Child Theme) create a file called "page.mypage.php" where "mypage" being the name you choose. Then open the file in a text editor or program like Notepad++ and add the following lines [code] Drag & Drop click on Page Template and then locate the "mypage" that you created and customize it to the way you like it. Then go back to Pages > Add New and under Page Attributes select the Template that you just customized. I hope this helps

kaecreative
I mean a blog page (not blog post). The option isn't there for me to create one.

Danny
Hi kaecreative, It's hasn't, nor has it ever been possible with PageLines to create a special page. The special page(s) you're referring to aren't even created by PageLines but are Wordpress pages. These pages are considered special by Wordpress and it is not possible to create one. If you wish to create a Blog Page, you can create a page using Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages, call this page whatever you like for example; News or Blog etc... and then assign this page as your static posts page in Wordpress admin dashboard > Settings > Reading.

Please search our forums, before posting!