Sign in to follow this  
lorikb

Trouble with Taxonomies in New Section

lorikb

Hello, I am not sure if I am asking this in the write place, but I am attempting to make my first section. A simple product catalogue (no commerce). I want to have categories and display products. I am not currently trying anything fancy, I just started and would be happy to see my section show up on the page :) I have been using the sample section and others as a basis to work from and things are going well I have created my custom post type and am able to add new posts to it. I am also able to add it to a template and see the options show up on pages using that template. Like the features and boxes sections I created a product-sets taxonomy for the different categories. This is displaying fine in the products area of the admin. I can add and remove sets and set products to be a part of a specific set. However, on the page I am trying to set up the section, in the catalogue meta settings I continue to see this message No sets have been created and added to this post-type yet! I have tried everything I can think of and studied other sections but cannot find where I am going wrong in getting the correct taxonomy data to display in the drop down. my post type id = products and my taxonomy id = product-sets Any help or input would be appreciated! Lori

Danny
Hi Lori, Would it be possible to add your sections.php code to paste.pagelines.com and then provide a link to the paste please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

lorikb
Hi Danny, Thanks for the reply. Sure I will clean up my code and do that. I ended up changing the name of my section folder and other variables since I thought it might conflict with custom post types from similar plugins. I am sure it is something small I am missing, Lori

Danny
Hi Lori, Have you added your section.php code to our pastie service ? http://paste.pagelines.com

Please search our forums, before posting!