Sign in to follow this  
evert100

change elements order in blog excerpt mode

evert100

Hi, I like this order when using blog excerpts, what i would like is: 1. section "post-title-section" 2. featured image 3. blog content This option is not possible through the pagelines dashboard. I want a solution which remains intact after a pagelines update. What is "the royal approach" here? I am a pagelines lover, css expert but no php programmer. So help is appreciated. Thanks. Evert van Malkenhorst

Jenny

Hi Evert. I'm not really sure what type of layout you're wanting. Could you make a mock-up for us?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

evert100

Hi Jenny, Here my image to show it. It's quite easy as you can see what i want. I just don't want to dig in the code and loose it with the next update. If you can show me how to... I know it for next times. mockup-excerpt.jpg Live see: http://edugram.nl/blog-edugram/ (these are the excerpts) Thanx, Evert

Rob

Evert, If they can't be realigned with CSS, then the best way would be to clone the section and manipulate the order there. I do know PHP, but such a customization is only available through the Pros, not the forum. It's important to make sure that this is done professionally as it involves the actual loop. While we apply the style and some ordering options, the core file there, I believe, is actually a WP file.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

evert100

I managed to do some customization my self. I have title and metabar above image as top. No need for pros as is was quite simple. Thanx.

zouleo

evert100: what changes did you make? I'm also interested in doing this and I don't want to loose the changes on updates.

evert100

I changed the code directly, so you loose it with update. It's only one line of code. But the pageliners didn't want to help me unless they got paid, so i did it myself. I would like to learn to do it and save it with updates. Good luck. Take care you can damage things. So make an update of the file or don't do it at all.