Sign in to follow this  
create180design

Navigation on Blog pages

create180design    1
create180design

I know this is probably an easy answer, but is there a way to have navigation on the posts/blog pages? http://www.theadoptionkey.com/newsite/education-center-blog/ I'm sure there's a setting but I can't seem to find it. All I'm trying to do is show that the "next" and "previous" on the excerpt pages. Thanks!

hockpunk426    0
hockpunk426
Well here is an excerpt page http://www.theadoptionkey.com/newsite/internet-pluck-best-of-the-net-for-adoption/ Isn't there a next and previous button there already? You could always use a secondary navigation bar for something like that.

mackenzie    12
mackenzie
I agree with hockpunk. When use FireBug I can see that those elements are attached to "Next" and "Previous" so I think we just need more information or details (maybe an example?) of what you are looking for.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

create180design    1
create180design
Hi, The link you posted is a full post, which is showing a nab bar for previous and next posts. However, when I'm on the main blog page there are no next page to view more blog summaries. We have 60 blog posts and the first page only shows four. How can I navigate to view the next 4 blog post summaries? http://www.theadoptionkey.com/newsite/education-center-blog/

Jenny    33
Jenny
There is a link at the bottom of that page that says "?†? Previous Entries". ;)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

create180design    1
create180design
Anyway to add this to the top??? Also, I'm not sure I'm communicating correctly. EXAMPLE: Here's the link to the blog category page that has 7 blogs in that category. http://www.theadoptionkey.com/category/brass-master-key/ When you view the page, you only see 4 and there's no "next page" link to view the rest of the blog category posts. I do not want to increase the number of posts per page just need to be able to navigate to the next page.

batman    389
batman
Please try this Go to Setting > Reading > Blog pages show at most and define the number as you like, 6 post for example. This affect or your blog pages.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

create180design    1
create180design
I've gone to settings >reading > blog pages. I currently have it set at 4 as that is the number I want to show per page. I am looking for the navigation that allows me to go to the next page of blog summaries.

catrina    103
catrina
[quote]I am looking for the navigation that allows me to go to the next page of blog summaries.[/quote] Are you referring to the post pagination (the navigation in the individual post pages) or some other type of navigation?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

create180design    1
create180design
On the blog summary page- the main page with all the blog excerpts - there is no way for me to view more than the first 4 blog excerpts. I have 20 blog posts. How do I view the rest of the posts excerpts.

batman    389
batman
Hi Try to go Dashboard > Setting > Reading > Blog pages show at most And see if you have "4"

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

catrina    103
catrina
If the setting says that more than 4 entries are set to show, try deactivating your plugins to see if the posts reappear.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

create180design    1
create180design
So if I understand this correctly, the only way to see all my blogs is to set the "show at most" to the max number of blog I have because there is no page navigation, I just have to scroll a mile down??

Stefan    6
Stefan
Hey there, If I'm understanding this correctly, you could be using the Pagination section (add it to the content of your blog page via the Drag&Drop menu) to be able to access the next page of posts!