Sign in to follow this  
chules

Aligning Menu to the Right - the right way

chules

I am working on a website that at this time is under development so I can not post a link. I have been struggling to find the "right way" to align the menu from the right. I am using the following code but I know this is not correct. Since I'm using a margin-left to try and force the menu to the right when the browser is reasized the menu is corrputed. What happens is the tabs start falling down into the content. If I were to align the menu to the right when a browser is reasized it would work just as it does when the menu as the default left alignment. I could really use some assistance in trying to get this working.

ul.main-nav {margin-left: 475px !important;}

Thank you - chules

Henry Perkins
@chules In version 2.2, you can use the NavBar navigation menu, and it gives you the option to align the navigation links to the right. Have you tried this? To achieve it with the current menu you are using, you'll have to use a little bit more than just margin-left. I use this CSS to float my items to the right: [code] float: right; margin-left: 875px; position: absolute; display:block;[/code]

chules
Henry, Thank you for the feedback. I have looked and Navbar and it does exactly what you say. However, I use Simple CSS with my current navigation and I've tried to customize the navbar without much success. I'll give this a try. Would be great if navbar had some point and click customization like Simple CSS. Thank you - chules

chules
Would this be the code that I would use [code]ul.main-nav { float: right; margin-left: 875px; position: absolute; display:block; }[/code] Thank you - chules

Rob
Chules, Without seeing the site, it's rather hard to tell. Using Firebug or Chrome Inspection Tool, you should be able to isolate the specific element and apply Henry's suggested CSS to test.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur