Sign in to follow this  
dirkca

Drop Down Navigation and Custom Menu issues

dirkca

Using White House Pro. Wordpress 3. Dropdown not working. Menu to child pages will show after clicking menu for the parent page once but drop down will not. Click on 'Contact' to see this. Also, can not add custom menu item. I want to have a direct link to an external URL but it does not show up in the menu. www.cmags.org

Andrew

Have you enabled the drop down in the options? Also, check for plugin incompatibility... Finally, have you added multi-tiered pages to the WP menus (wp 3.0 >)

dirkca

Drop down is enabled. All plugins are disabled (I am Contact Form 7, WPtouch Pro, Google Analyticator and Akismet). I created a new page 'A', then another page 'B' and for page 'B' under 'Page Attributes' selected page 'A' as parent. I am using the 'default template' for both. Still a no go. Also, I can not change the order of menu items using the Ajax in Appearance=>Menu . The order changes here but not when the site is viewed.

cmunns

In Appearance > Menu make sure that after you change the order (Ajax etc) you still hit the save button on the top right otherwise changes will be lost. Also, it should be noted that the drop down will work if you nest the menu items on this same display e.g. drag and drop so the nav items are nested

dirkca

Its a no go. Would you have time to take a peak if you had admin access? How can I get that to you?

cmunns

Hey Dirk, we try to avoid this as we don't want to muddle with client sites in case they go down. Can you provide a screenshot of your Menus panel in wp admin?

dirkca

My apologies! I did not make a selection in that screen under 'Theme Locations' =>'Primary Navigation' By default it showed the menu and I was 'assuming' that I selected everything. Thanks for providing pointers etc. Dirk