Sign in to follow this  
jsmatt

iBlogPro - Show complete latest post, summaries of all older ones

jsmatt

Can you show the full content of the latest post only?

scotmanfrontiernetnet

I think a quick and dirty way to get by before someone that knows coding can help would be, drop the full post into the excerpt field. The same type of coding you would have in post can be applied to the excerpt field as well. So all href links,bolding and ect will work in excerpt field too. When you post a new article just edit old excerpt into a condensed 160 characters or less version and for the newest post drop your whole article into the excerpt field,.. and ect.. Just to get you by till someone that knows coding can help you. Cheers.

jdownnza

I would like to do this too. Here's what I'd like to do: On category pages, display full posts on the first 2 posts only. Then the rest of the posts display the excerpt. I am using the latest version of iBlogPro. @cmunns Your solution didn't do what I'd like to do. Any help would be appreciated.

bryan-hadaway

You'll need to hold tight for further developer help in the morning. Make sure to bump your topic. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

In _posts.php you need to add this at the very top of the file <?php $count = 1;?> Then where it says `<?php if(pl_show_excerpt($post->ID)):?>` make sure the lines beneath it are like so: ` <?php if(pl_show_excerpt($post->ID)):?> <?php if(is_category() && ($count <= 2)):?> <?php the_content();?> <?php else: ?>

<?php the_excerpt(); ?>
<?php endif;?> <?php $count++;?> <?php endif; ?> `