Sign in to follow this  
szool

lost feature boxes

szool

I just changed my home page from being a static page to being my posts page. When I did that, I lost the feature boxes below the feature pane and I cannot find how to get them back!

cmunns

Did you turn on the "show feature boxes" for the page options? I can't remember if this works on the main posts page since some options can be handled differently, BUT if you add a conditional as we have before this is simple. edit template_page.php add `|| is_home()` after the VPRO part and before the bracket.

szool

Yes I did turn that on and the feature works on the main posts page but not the feature boxes. The code fix does not work. Here is what my template_page.php looks like: <?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO) require(PAGELINES_PRO.'/template_fboxes.php');?> || is_home() <!-- Standard Page Code --> <div id="maincontent"> <div id="content"> <?php require(THEME_LIB.'/_posts.php');?> </div> <!-- end content --> </div> <?php get_sidebar(); ?> <!-- End Standard Page -->

cmunns

It should be like this: `<?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO || is_home())`

szool

still not working: <?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO || is_home()) require(PAGELINES_PRO.'/template_fboxes.php');?> <!-- Standard Page Code --> <div id="maincontent"> <div id="content"> <?php require(THEME_LIB.'/_posts.php');?> </div> <!-- end content --> </div> <?php get_sidebar(); ?> <!-- End Standard Page -->

bryan-hadaway

I think the trick here would be to set a page to be the blog page and then set that page to be the static front page. Hold tight for one of the developers for a more ideal solution though... Thanks, Bryan

szool

wordpres wont let you use the same page that is the posts as a static page,.. tried that already! Will stand-by for the word from the developer... thanks!!

cmunns

Okay my mistake. You need to edit template_posts.php instead and look for the fboxes line again. Make it look like this: ` <?php if(($fboxes_template) || is_home()) include(PAGELINES_PRO . '/template_fboxes.php');?> ` That should do it.

szool

it works but it is displaying all messed up... check it out: http://citizenmediagroup.com/blog/ That is my posts page. Also... I have it set in the theme options to show feature on posts page, and it is not showing up.

szool

just for clarity... while I am testing my posts page is here, not linked anywhere on the site: http://citizenmediagroup.com/blog/ The current home page is actually a static page. I'd really like for the home page to be the posts page, with the feature slides and feature boxes properly displayed at the top of the screen, with the posts underneath. That is the ultimate goal.

szool

contents of template_posts.php <?php if(is_page_template('page-fullwidth.php') || is_page_template('page-fullhighlight.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) $full_width_page = true; else $full_width_page = false; if(is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) $carousel_page = true; else $carousel_page = false; if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-page.php') || (is_home() && pagelines('featureblog')))) $featureslide_template = true; else $featureslide_template = false; if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || m_pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID))) $fboxes_template = true; else $fboxes_template = false; ?> <?php if(($fboxes_template) || is_home()) include(PAGELINES_PRO . '/template_fboxes.php');?> <?php if($carousel_page) include(PAGELINES_PRO.'/template_carousel.php');?> <?php if(!is_404()) include(THEME_LIB.'/_subhead.php');?> <?php if(is_page_template('page-fullhighlight.php') || is_page_template('page-highlight.php') ) include (PAGELINES_PRO . '/template_highlight.php'); ?> <div id="contentcontainer" class="content fix"> <div id="contentborder"> <?php if($fboxes_template) include(PAGELINES_PRO . '/template_fboxes.php');?> <?php if(!is_page_template('page-feature.php')):?> <div id="maincontent" <?php if($full_width_page):?>class="fullwidth"<?php endif;?> > <?php include (THEME_LIB . '/_posts.php'); ?> </div> <?php if(!$full_width_page) get_sidebar();?> <?php include (THEME_LIB . '/_contentfooter.php'); ?> <?php endif;?> <div class="clear"></div> </div> </div>

bryan-hadaway

Hold tight for developer help. Thanks, Bryan

szool

ok I changed my home page to be the posts page and these lines exist in my template_posts.php file: <?php if($featureslide_template) include(PAGELINES_PRO . '/template_feature.php'); ?> <?php if(($fboxes_template) || is_home()) include(PAGELINES_PRO . '/template_fboxes.php'); ?> Now the feature box appears on the main page but the formatting is all messed up, see here: http://citizenmediagroup.com/

Andrew

To fix that you might just need to wrap it in a content div... as follows: ` <?php if(($fboxes_template) || is_home()){ echo "

"; include(PAGELINES_PRO . '/template_fboxes.php'); echo "
"; } ?> `