Sign in to follow this  
SteinVox

Navigation Classic Nav Classic Forward link is incorrect, does not change.

SteinVox

For some reason I can't figure out, the nav classic bar above my post always shows the same "forward" link, for recent posts. The link is to an older post some 12 or so back. Scratching my head - not sure what i have mis-set, but would like any guidance on where to look.

Have a Great Day !

Cheers,

Andrew

Rob
I'm not sure either. It's the mystery of the month. It is likely something specific in that particular post, possibly relating to its date or categories. The bar you speak of is displayed by PageLines, but the data for it comes from WordPress and its navigation normally is set by the dates of the post or some WordPress determined order. I hate to refer you outside PageLines, but you might want to check the WordPress forums. Meanwhile, try doing a check of your plugins to see which may be outdated. It could be caused, at least in theory, by a plugin.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
Any post order plugin used? Whats the actual post date of that post?

SteinVox
Hi Rangelone and Simon, Thank you for your direction - I found the culprit. It was a plug-in. I had used the plug-in "Post Types Order" to reorder a couple of posts, several months back, about when this happened. I deactivated the plug-in, and the proper forward link in the NavBar appeared!. The plug-in is: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-types-order/ and has very high ratings, and was very useful, for the need I had. Now, however, I'll leave it deactivated. And activate it again, should I need to reorder the posts. The drag-and-drop approach is very much like PageLines interface - perhaps this is a feature for a future PageLines? I'm sharing the name of the plug-in here, should this happen to anyone else. Thanks again, guys. This thread can be closed. Cheers, Andrew

Have a Great Day !

Cheers,

Andrew