Sign in to follow this  
hopeofglory

Add thumbnail box to right column

Rob
That's not a widget. It's simply a thumbnail with some custom code that makes it appear framed and of that special size. Use Dashboard > Settings > Media to determine the thumbnail size... Use http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/ to regenerate thumbnails to fit and use CSS to creating a color background, border, shadow, etc. Alignment can be done via Site Options.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

hopeofglory
Hi Rangelone Thanks for the response. I think i am asking for trouble here :)) so will ask for something simple. How can I create a nested rectangular box with different colours. Example, I want my Contact Us: text within a rectangle and that rectangle within another rectangle. Thanks

Rob
You are asking for trouble! Create a background graphic and apply it to a div. You can theoretically color a padded area... Not sure about a margin (around a padded area), but that's the only way I can imagine you doing that with code. ;) ;) ;)

hopeofglory
Ok is it possible to add a box on the right column? Similar to this http://www.dpmuk.org/

Rob
Yes. Add a text widget or other widget you prefer in the right sidebar from Appearance > Widgets and then use Firebug to identify the element. Simply apply a background color and oh, I just thought... you could add a border, set the border width to several pixels wide and color the border.

hopeofglory
Thanks I have found a way out for now :)