Sign in to follow this  
bscherr

Google fonts only display on 2nd (reload) of site

bscherr

I am running Pagelines 2.2.1 with Transparency. I haven't done any custom css yet. I specified under the "Typography" section that I wanted my headers/menu items to be Tangerine. The first time I load the site the font does not load. I get treated to a hideous menu bar of Times New Roman. If I click 'reload' then the fonts come in. Same behavior in IE, Firefox and Chrome. Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/WTkqV What could be happening here?

Rob
Well, it could be your hosting plan is providing very little RAM resources and your site loads too slow as a result. Have you conducted any testing, such as http://www.pingdom.com ?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
Your site is offline, impossible to diagnose.

bscherr
@Simon. My url is not public. I am behind Syracuse University's firewall. I can request it be brought to the public server, but it takes some asking. That is why I did screen shots. If those are not sufficient please let me know and I'll go to IT and make the case. Thanks

bscherr
@Rangelone. Thanks, I was actually working on the site at home over VPN and it was loading like that. Now that I am in the office viewing it, it is loading the fonts wonderfully. I think you are right that it is just a hosting/vpn issue. They probably have performance throttled. Perhaps another reason to ask that they move my site to a public server. For now I will not worry about it.