Sign in to follow this  
pgcook

Content sharing (sharebar) bar

pgcook

Hi I am trying to get the content sharing feature to show up on my posts. I have dragged the content sharing widget across to the Page Content Area and the Single Post Content Area. However, nothing shows up on the published page. Can you tell me, in words of one syllable, how I can get a social media sharing widget working? If there is not one available within the system, please advise the name of a good third party option. Many thanks! Peter

Jenny
I see the sharebar active on a [b]post[/b] here: http://peakdecisions.org/2012/05/taoism-and-climate-change/ And active on a [b]page[/b] here: http://peakdecisions.org/about/

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

pgcook
Ok, thanks, now I see it. Is there a way to add a sharebar to each post when they are displayed on the home page? (that is, when all posts are shown sequentially on the page) Is it possible to add any other social media to the sharebar? Finally, I tried adding a Wordpress plugin called Sharebar. I actitvated it, but nothing showed up on the published site. Do you know if this is a known problem with PlatformPro. I understand there is a cool enhanced sharebar available with the new Framework, however that looks all too complicated to convert my site to Framework. I appreciate your assistance. Peter

Rob
Just out of curiosity, did you perchance set up the social media links? Most social media icons do not appear unless they're linked to a specific account in the social media site. So, if you do not have a Facebook page, and leave the Facebook link blank, you will not see a Facebook icon. I've not read anything here saying you set those up, so I thought I'd ask.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pgcook
There is a Facebook button and a Twitter button appearing at the base of my posts. When I click on that link it brings up a Facebook login page including my user name and password. So I think that part is working ok. I do not have Twitter account therefore I only get blank login fields, which seems logical. Can you assist with the other questions submitted above? Thanks Peter

Rob
[quote]Is it possible to add any other social media to the sharebar?[/quote] Yes. You can. However, if the Sharebar is a 3rd party WP Plugin, that would need to be supported by the plugin author. If it's a PlatformPro function you're able to add new icons with links through a hook, described in http://www.pagelines.com/docs. [quote]Finally, I tried adding a Wordpress plugin called Sharebar. I actitvated it, but nothing showed up on the published site. Do you know if this is a known problem with PlatformPro.[/quote] Did it have a shortcode that had to be added to the post/page or some php code that needed embedding? [quote]I understand there is a cool enhanced sharebar available with the new Framework, however that looks all too complicated to convert my site to Framework.[/quote] Well, I recommend updating to get the maximum out of your site. This might help you make a more informed decision: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15909/how-to-migrate-from-platformpro-to-pagelines-framework#Item_3 I hope this helps.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur