Sign in to follow this  
hiallc

Problems with carousel and IE8

hiallc

Hi! Recently purchased developer product and getting familiar with it....wonderful product!!! I work in Firefox on a Mac but design for our company where most all are using IE8. Couple of issues I need to resolve before our partners view new site concept: 1- Carousel is jumpy in IE8, auto scrolls through with "shaky images" and then stops displaying images (pulling from post... the images were designed at 150x150). Also, the post title is only half visible at bottom...white copy drops into white space below. I've disabled simplyCSS lite plugin as it appears to have been causing the carousel background to disappear and image frames too. Any advice as to solve will be greatly appreciated! I'm running most current WP and most recent Pagelines update. Carousel Settings are: Total Carousel Items - 9 Displayed Carousel-5 ItemsScrolled -1 Transition Speed -2000 Autoscroll Speed -3000 2- Not sure if related but Quickslider, on same home page. in IE8 images lose their frame when viewed in IE8 and also text overlay background goes from transparent black to a burgundy red. I can remove all text and add copy to images in Photoshop but would love to solve if there's a solution. Thanks so much in advance for any help or advice offered. -Michael

Rob
In reply to both topics I'd refer you to this: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17308/older-browsers-support#Item_3. IE8 predates the versions of jQuery, HTML and CSS that are used for the Carousel, Quicklider and other elements.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

hiallc
Thanks so much for the fast response @rangelone!

Jenny
I have tested the Simple CSS Lite plugin on both FireFox and Chrome and I don't see any issues at all with it affecting the carousel. With the code itself, I don't even see how it's possible, but older browsers, like IE8, have a mind of their own. ;)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.