Sign in to follow this  
jdstiles2

sidebars only show up on blog/posts page not other pages

jdstiles2

I have all of my pages set to 1 side bar right and none of them show the sidebar except the blog/posts page which I can't control because it is the blogs posts page... If I have them all set to 1 sidebar right, why won't they show up?

jdstiles2
Also, my layout editor has both settings set to 1 sidebar on right. I have content in my sidebars too.

Danny
Hi, Would it be possible to disable all active plug-ins and see if this resolves your issue. Also can you provide screenshots of your layout settings please

Please search our forums, before posting!

jdstiles2
I deactivated all plug ins and it did nothing. All pages are set to 1 sidebar right. All sidebars have widgets installed. How do I attach a screen shot? I don't see any attach button.

Simon
http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12193/please-read-before-posting#Item_9

jdstiles2
Simon, I started a new thread with this discussion. What is with the link you sent? I read the page and there is no discussion of sidebar issues like mine. Please advise what you meant so I can better assist in your efforts to help. I'm not clear on your last post. Sorry.

jdstiles2
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ht9sD.png[/IMG]

jdstiles2
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lLduV.png[/IMG]

jdstiles2
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LbIzQ.png[/IMG]

jdstiles2
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gDKSd.png[/IMG]

jdstiles2
OK...Got it... Above are screen shots from one of my pages with a sidebar. All other pages are the same and none show the sidebar. Exception being the blog/posts page which can't be set.

Rob
I'm sorry to ask, but is this resolved? PageLines Meta Settings are generally per page, so some pages may be set to full width, others may have one or more sidebars.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jdstiles2
No it is not resolved..Each page is 1 sidebar right...I'm clear on that and even the images I've included above show the settings for a page which clearly shows 1 sidebar right as all of my pages do. I understand that setting and I've used it properly. What else could be the issue? Only the blog page shows the primary sidebar on the right and none of the other ones do. I am not hiding anything either on the pages. All sidebars are unchecked. I understand that the sidebars need to have widgets to show up....no problem it has widgets in it clearly since it shows up fine on the blog posts page. There were posts from the past few years talking about a sidebar priority ranking in the advanced tab. I do not see an advanced tab and that info seems to be 2 years old. It is either something really simple or totally weird. Thoughts?

Danny
Hi, The images you have provided above are the settings for the per post/page settings/layout. Can you login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PlatformPro > Layout Editor and see which layout image is selected. I have a feeling that you have the Full Width set as default.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jdstiles2
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mqV1P.png[/IMG] Both are clearly marked as 1 sidebar right. That was the first thing I checked.

Rob
We've covered the layout editor... and a page's meta settings. The only thing left I can think of would be an under the hood inspection. Would you consider doing a screen sharing session with me, perhaps Thursday?

jdstiles2
sure...I can do 4pm PST or 5pm PST today. Please advise. Thanks!

Rob
As things turn out, today may not work for me, but Saturday or Sunday is possible in the morning.

jdstiles2
I am here for the 4pm pst or 5pm pst today or we can do 9am PST Saturday Morning or 9am PST Sunday morning. Do those dates work?

Rob
They do. Brilliantly. Let's say 9AM Saturday. I will send you a link via the Inbox at the top of this page.

jdstiles2
OK...I'll be there...THx

Jenny
Replying for moderation purposes only. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jdstiles2
I'm here and ready for the 9am PST online meeting.

jdstiles2
the link you sent in the inbox does not work. Are you still helping me? I'm not sure how this works but I left you messages in the inbox and I'm not seeing your responses.

jdstiles2
Rangelone did you get the admin and pw you were looking for?