Sign in to follow this  
mccyuq

Overriding Postinfo Section

mccyuq

Hi, I am trying to override section.postinfo.php (basically <?php elseif(is_category()):?> <?php _e("This is test", 'pagelines');?> <?php single_cat_title();?> ) I want to enter my custom text / class here I have a custom child theme (not platformbase) as per the instructions and wikidocs i created a folder sections in my child theme directory added file section.postinfo.php copied from the original file and updated the code i wanted to edit and than added functions file in the root child theme folder and added the function function base_sections(){ pagelines_register_section('PageLinesPostsInfo', 'postsinfo', null, array('child' => true) ); } But it doesnt do any thing Not sure where i am going wrong

Danny
Hi, What do you mean when you say "I have a custom child theme (not platformbase)" ? Would it be possible to go into greater detail please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mccyuq
Ok so i have made around 5 child themes as i am using platformpro over Multisite so for every site on the network i have a child theme,

Rob
PlatformPro (and Base) work in MultiSite. My question is you referenced "wikidocs" the Docs are for PlatformPro and the Wiki for PageLines Framework. I'd suggest you make sure you're following guidance found at http://www.pagelines.com/docs .

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mccyuq
Ok, let me try to make it more clear I have a platformpro (multisite) and almost have 10 sites on the network, For every site we create a child theme (mainly just css or a function hook max) but for one particular site on the MU (we need to remove on blog ( this is under category (category name) to just category name as such this info can be edited directly on platformpro postinfo secion php file, but i dont want to it and way (http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections) this docs explained i did that on my custom child theme , but it doesnt seem to work . Hope making some sense now ?

Danny
Hi, When you made the changes and uploaded the custom section to the child theme where did you upload it to exactly ?

Please search our forums, before posting!