Sign in to follow this  
mccyuq

Custom template child theme

mccyuq

Hi, I am creating a MU site using platformpro, and for every multisite i am creating child theme to enable individual styling, one of my child theme requires to display the info of all the registered users, and i want to create a custom theme so i can add my html/php code to it, i followed the directions and created a file page.about.php (in my child theme folder) and added the hook to functions.php if ( function_exists( 'pagelines_add_page' ) ) pagelines_add_page('about', 'About Theme'); It does display me my about theme in the drop down when i go to add new page. But i cant seem to get how can i add my custom code on top of it ah ur system doesnt allow me to upload a screenshot :( or am i missing something on that. So this is something i am trying to achieve """"""" <?php /* Template Name: About Theme */ setup_pagelines_template();

author-pic-2.jpg
Yuan Phone: Email: mail Offers a wide variety of financial services designed to look after your assets, protect your future income and help you increase your wealth.?  Read full bio
This file resides in my child theme folder (page.about.php)

mccyuq
hey support i found a way to add the hook , and it shows up, but now the problem is it shows on all the pages where i just want to show it on my theme page The hook add_action('pagelines_before_maincontent', 'author_code'); // function name function author_code(){ ?> html content

Danny
Hi, PHP isn't my forte however, I think you will need to us the is_page() conditional. Look at the link below for more information. http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_page

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob
Great. I will accept Danny's answer for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur