Sign in to follow this  
onlinetracker

Pagination on Category?

onlinetracker

The ability to paginate categories seems to have disappeared. Is there something I'm missing? It appears on the blog drag&drop ( Post/Page Pagination that supports WP-Navi) but not on Category. I have WPNavi installed and it works fine elsewhere.

Danny
Hi Onlinetracker, Please make sure you have the Post/Page Pagination section active, check out my screenshot below. http://screencast.com/t/myrPeqPNR

Please search our forums, before posting!

onlinetracker
@Danny Exactly. It is NOT in Active and just not functioning. It doesn't appear there or in the Available/Disabled section under the content+category. I have the other two active functions though. I just checked another site that has nearly the same configuration and the pagination on the category pages is working. So, I guess I'm off to compare and contrast, disable plugins, pull out hair. blah.

Danny
Hmmm that is very odd! What version of PageLines are you running.

onlinetracker
@Danny The latest. Framework 2.2.1 (Developer), I have other sites that are running it, and it works fine so I'm thinking its a conflict with something involving categories. So, I'll goof around with it and see what happens. Wackiness is nothing new to me.

Danny
hehe, Ok well let us know if you find out the cause of the issue please.

onlinetracker
Okay, I disabled all of my plugins, removed customization [which was only one]. Nothing changed in my pagination, and by nothing changed I mean there is no pagination on my category pages. It is really an odd thing. You can see the site at http://www.mobble.com/

onlinetracker
@danny Archive and Category both do not offer the ability to Paginate, but on three other sites with the same structure, the pagination function appears in the list. Any ideas?

Simon
Should be fixed in 2.2.2

onlinetracker
@Simon Great. Something to add to the oddity of this situation. I was comparing 3 sites yesterday. Two of the three were upgrades from an earlier version. The one with the problem of no pagination on category/archive pages is a clean installation. I haven't decided if I want to simply move a copy of a working theme over to the broken one to see if its a matter of the clean install having something broken or not.

Simon
The only change is the pagination section.php, the new (broken) one has a workswith line, delete that line and reload the admin and it will magically appear.

onlinetracker
@Simon Just tried that. Didn't work. Removed cache. Didn't work. Logged out, removed cache... didn't work. Guess I'll wait.

Simon
Here it is: http://paste.pagelines.com/5rr

onlinetracker
Ah, remove the line beneath Workswith: main. That pastebin worked. Thanks for fixing this before the patch.