Sign in to follow this  
WebWerx

Stuck on Some Text Coloring

WebWerx

I am trying to change the font color of the text in the second column (Blog Topics): http://cl.ly/3C0q0D1b1D0P3k1n3M0J from blue to white. I isolate this code and changed the color to white....

a, #subnav_row li.current_page_item a, #subnav_row li a:hover, .branding h1 a:hover {
	    color: white;
	}

Of course that ended up changing all of my link colours sitewide. So (@Simple_Mama) I am (again) stuck on identfying CSS selectors. Help (with plaintiff look on face).... :|

Rob
Okay, making more trouble huh? Did you think of wrapping the text (it's a text widget, mind you) in a unique div, then applying the color instructions to that div only? Of course it's going to be site wide.... that's precisely where you applied it. If you want a one-egg omelet, don't throw in the whole dozen eggs. ;-)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

WebWerx
@rangelone: Absolutely! "Trouble" is my middle name --- :-) I did think of doing the Div thing, but thought it would be fun to get granular with what is "baked" (get it?) into the Framework. Unless @Simple_Mama has any thoughts on my initial suggestion, I will do just that.

Danny
Hi WebWerx, Add this to your custom CSS. [code].footer-blog-topics a { color: red; }[/code] [code].footer-blog-topics a:hover { color: pink; }[/code] Clearly you will not want red and hover color pink (or will you?) so simply change the color to your desired choice.

Please search our forums, before posting!

WebWerx
Thanks @Danny: I'll put this in my bag of tricks. Sadly I had already added spans where needed. So pedestrian of me!