Sign in to follow this  
williampowell

Menu & Navigation Options

williampowell

I have created my site in English and Portuguese. In the "Menus" section of the WP admin page, I have set up an English menu and a Portuguese menu including the appropriate pages. The problem I am experiencing is I don't know how to enable each menu so that ONLY the pages associated with them show up in the nav menu. Any thoughts or suggestions on how best to do this? My coding knowledge hovers around elementary at best, so please keep that in mind with your answers. Cheers, William

williampowell
To clarify...when I include the pages in Portuguese, all of the possible pages (both languages) appear in the navigation. I am currently using the Exclude Pages plugin to keep the Portuguese pages out of the navigation. I want the language appropriate pages only to appear in the navigation when the proper language menu is chosen. I'm using the Language Bar Flag plugin to call the proper home page URL based on the language.

Rob
William, I am at a loss on this one. In essence, you need a browser redirect, but normally, in such cases, the plugin redirects someone to the appropriate language site (a different installation) based on the user's browser language setting. I'm not sure how one would apply a menu this way in a single installation. I will ask one of my colleagues about this and update as soon as I hear.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur