Sign in to follow this  
talheimer

problem with IE 8

talheimer

hello, people can't open my site with IE 8 or less. The problem is since I updated the new pageline version. Maybe somebody can help me? Thank you, Hannes

catrina
Can you please explain your problem a little further? Is the entire site just not loading? Do any errors show up on the page?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

talheimer
helli catrina, i got this error information: Problemsignatur: Problemereignisname: APPCRASH Anwendungsname: iexplore.exe Anwendungsversion: 8.0.6001.19170 Anwendungszeitstempel: 4eb21c98 Fehlermodulname: mshtml.dll Fehlermodulversion: 8.0.6001.19170 Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4eb23281 Ausnahmecode: c0000005 Ausnahmeoffset: 00156a8a Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Gebietsschema-ID: 3079 Zusatzinformation 1: fd00 Zusatzinformation 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160 Zusatzinformation 3: fd00 Zusatzinformation 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160 i have a screenshot www.talheim.at/error.jpg There is also a cookie called "superfish" blocked, i don't know where I installed this? at the men??? Thank you for your help. Hannes

catrina
This is definitely more browser-related so I looked around for IE support and found these solutions (I had to register to view this support response so you won't be able to view it unless you register on the Experts Exchange support site where I got these from): 1. An addon may be interfering. Disable Addons. If you have Windows XP SP2, go to Tools > Add-on Manager, and uncheck the addons. If you cannot open IE, disable third party extensions. With IE open, go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced. Uncheck "Third party extensions". Click Ok. Reboot computer. 2. If no joy, check if a program running in the background is interfering with Internet Explorer. Temporarily disable antivirus and other security programs, firewall, toolbars like Google and Yahoo, and desktop programs like MSN and Google. 3. Clear your cache. Go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab. Under Temporary Internet Files, click "Delete Files" button. Click OK. 4. Reset IE settings. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs. Click on "Reset Web Settings" button. Go to Advanced tab and click "Restore Defaults" button. Go to Security tab and move the bar to Medium or Default. Click OK. Close all browsers. Reboot the computer. 5. If no joy, run the System File Checker to repair any broken system files. Go to Start > Run and type sfc /scannow and hit OK. You will need your Windows XP CD when asked. 6. Create a new user account in Windows. 7. If no joy, repair or reinstall Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm OR http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_reinstall_ie_and_oe_6.htm OR http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378 The Superfish javascript files are for the menu.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse