Sign in to follow this  
stephenv2

Change/remove caption background color

stephenv2

I'm moving a site from a Weaver Pro template to PageLines - having all sorts of CSS issues. First none of code here appears to control the caption border size, padding and color. I was able to change text size and color but nothing else. I want a think darker border with less padding. I can't seem to find a handy guide of the styles etc. used here. Firebug/Inspect Element are not really helping that much.

Danny
Hi Stephen, 1. To change the captions border, background color and padding, add the following code to your custom CSS and change the values. [code].wp-caption { background-color: #454545; border: 1px solid #303030; padding: 8px; }[/code] [code]p.wp-caption-text { color: black; } [/code] 2. To change the border color add this code to your custom CSS and change the color value, the color you wish your border to be. [code]hr, .fpost, .clip_box, .widget-title, .metabar a, #morefoot .widget-title, #site #dsq-content h3, .navigation_wrap, .setup_area, .fpost .post-thumb img, .clip .clip-thumb img, .author-thumb img, ul.sf-menu ul li { border-color: #666; }[/code] I highly recommend you install FireBug or Chrome's/Safari's dev tools, it allows you to edit/add/remove CSS from elements on the fly.

Please search our forums, before posting!