Sign in to follow this  
richardameyer

Banner/Masthead

richardameyer

Just installed Page Lines and it's a great product. However when I tried to put an image in the header as either a banner or masthead I could not do it? When I tried as banner the image was way over to the right and not centered. I just want a header image under my site title what am I doing wrong

Rob
Are you referring to the image with ?'s on cards? You go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Color Control and upload the image there. Be sure to remove it where you originally placed it. Set the vertical position to 0. Horizontal to 50. Set repeat to Do Not Repeat if you do not want it site-wide. If you do, set to Repeat Horizontally. Make sure "Supersize" is unchecked. The uploaded image would then become the background behind the brand logo. That should be uploaded in Site Options > Website Setup. It will default to a left position within the layout width.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

richardameyer
I'm talking about a header image but I want to keep the site title in Page Lines and underneath it a header image

catrina
So on your website, you want to switch the position of the top image and the title?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

richardameyer
I want to put a header under the title..just an image

Rob
Richard, an image underneath something is called a background. The instructions I provided you would allow you to place any image (not just the one with ?'s) as a background in the header area. Could you confirm that you tried the method I proposed? Did it fail?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

richardameyer
That did not work. Basically I want to put a banner image in the masthead space of the site http://www.richsmanagementblog.com

Danny
Hi Richard, is this issue now resolved, I viewed your website you seem to have the banner section active.

Please search our forums, before posting!

richardameyer
Danny: Just one question..how can I close the big distance from the bottom of the banner to the content ? There is a lot of wasted space ?

batman
Hi You can try, add in your CSS rules [code]#banners .banner-area { margin:0px 0; } #banners .banner-text-pad { padding:0px 0px; } #banners .banner-title { margin-bottom:0px; }[/code] I hope you serve.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Danny
Hi Richard, Give Batman's code a go, if that doesn't work try mine below. [code].home #banners .banner-text { display: none; } .home #banners .banner-area { margin: 0px 0; } .home #banners .content-pad { padding-bottom: 0; }[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

richardameyer
Danny: You DA Man !! That worked perfectly and THANK YOU very much.