Sign in to follow this  
Michael_J

Linking "Recent Posts" Widget to specific Categories

Michael_J

This is probably a general question but I'm asking it in Framework because that's what I'm using. We have a number of specific product pages. We also have many different blog posts about those different Products. We use "Categories" to link each blog post to one or more of those Products. What I'm looking for is a way to link the content of the "Recent Posts" widget, to a specific Category, for different Pages. The problem is, Pages cannot have Categories, so that 'linking' would have to be manual. And that's okay. But can you recommend a way to do this? Or, perhaps, a Plug-in that can do this for me? I am currently using the "Special Recent Posts" widget and absolutely love the look, feel and integration with iBP5, but i don't think it has the ability to adjust its output for different pages.

Rob
Oh? I've been using SRP for special pages for some time. Are you using the shortcode or just the widget? Check http://www.epicurus.com/blog/about/our-people and click to any of the author names... each author is a category... each category is on a static page.... each static page has an SRP group of posts by that author. You just have to adjust the code in the shortcode for SRP.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur