Sign in to follow this  
suerama

How to make my 2.1.1 Pagelines navbar look like they did before 2.0

suerama

I designed a site using photoshop "sketches" in which I had the nav bar as just type and a rule beneath it, as it appeared in my former version of PL framework (as it looks at http://adamlipsky.net/). But I decided to try building it in 2.1.1, because in future I might like to use bootstrap and other new wonderfuls. However I cannot see how to create this simple nav bar in 2.1.1. I only get the dimensional image behind the menu text.

catrina
You can use this CSS added to Custom Code to remove the background image (and replace #000 with the background color you want): [code]div.navbar.fix.navbar-full-width {background-image: none; background-color: #000;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

suerama
That was close but did not work, Catrina. Here is what did get rid of the color block: [code]div.navbar.fix.navbar-content-width {background-image: none; background-color: none} [/code] However, I'm still left with the drop shadow of the bar. Could you please help me get rid of that and just have a rule underneath as the default nav had before 2.0?

Rob
Try: [code].navbar .navline > li > a { display: block; float: none; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19px; padding: 10px 12px; text-decoration: none; text-shadow: 0 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25); }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

suerama
Thanks, it turns out that all I needed to do was select classic nav and work with that. I did not know that choice existed. It would be good to have a note about that in the Nav area I think.

Rob
I agree. Actually, its news to me too. But then I pay little attention these days. ;-)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur