Sign in to follow this  
suerama

anchor fixed-width footer to bottom

suerama

I'm looking to create a fixed-width footer that stays anchored to the bottom of the browser window in 2.2.1. I can get it anchored if it is full-width, but haven't been successful with fixed-width. I thought it was, at one point, but the site-wide background image extended below it. Perhaps if I could use the individual page background option it might be easier to configure, but that is not working on my system in 2.2.1. I hear there will be a fix but don't know when. Thanks for any help!

catrina

You can try using CSS to keep the footer anchored at the bottom.yYou'll need to find the selector for the footer using Firebug and then add this CSS attribute: bottom: 0;

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

suerama

Here is what worked for this:

#footer { position:fixed; left:0px; bottom:0px; height:75px; width:100%;
	}

wren

Hi, I tried putting the above sting into my Custom CSS window because I'm having trouble with my Home page. My whole site works well but I modified my Home page by uploading a background image and checked "hide footer". Most of the footer info went away but the watermark remains, which I don't mind. The problem is on just that one page, the whole background is kind of squirrel-y. It makes a scroll and what's left of the footer leaves a white margin at the bottom of the page despite my putting the above string in the Custom window. Any ideas on how I can get that one page to conform?

Danny

Hi Wren, Can you create a new topic for you issue please.

Please search our forums, before posting!