Sign in to follow this  
lovethecuban

update help!

lovethecuban

I just tried updating to the new pagelines, and got this message "Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute." I waited awhile, then tried updating directly through my FTP. The message is still there, and I'm worried! What do I do?

lovethecuban
Whoa. Result. Just cleared up. Sorry about that. But in future, how long is acceptable to wait before panicking?

Simon
Delete the file .maintenance in your blog root

andylemay

Hi,

Got the same problem but in didn't resolve in 5 minutes so I had to delete the maintenance file.  Upodate to latest version still not done.  How do I update?

Rob

Hi,

Likely the updating error was a hiccup in the file transfer.  This can be caused by an interrupted Internet connection anywhere between your computer and our server.  Once you've removed the .maintenance file, you should be able to try it again.

Alternatively, you can login to your Launchpad account and download the latest version. Unzip the file to your desktop.  You'll have a new folder there called pagelines.

FTP into your site and navigate to wp-content/themes/ and find the pagelines folder there. Delete it.  Don't worry about any custom code or settings. They are all stored safely in the database.

Now, upload the new pagelines folder from your desktop to wp-content/themes. You can then go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and check the version number.  It should be updated to the latest. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur