Sign in to follow this  
caspersjan

Transparent NavBar - setting without CSS?

caspersjan

Dear Forum, I am at a loss - I had a beautiful transparent navbar on the first site I build with Framework (2.2.). Now I am working on a second one but cannot achieve the same effect. I went through all the settings I could find and compared the old with the new but cannot find where I did something different. I certainly did not do any CSS changes myself - I would not know how to. Perhaps from looking at the screenshots someone more experienced will know what I should do and the solution is simple and obvious. I'd be most grateful for any help! Here are two screen shots of the sites: http://imgur.com/a/XIJQU. "Animating School" has dark writing on white, with a transparent grey box to mark the selected page. "Animation Hebron" now has a long black box for the navbar - I can change the colour but not take it away. Your help is much appreciated!

batman
You can try the Simple CSS Lite plugin found in the PageLines Store. It's a free plugin that allows you control over the color of the menu. Simple CSS Lite only works on the standard navigation. Before using erase CSS code of your nav bar. I hope you serve.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

caspersjan
Thank you, Batman. Simple CSS looks the business - indeed now that I am trying it it works just the way it says on the tin! And what is more, your advice heartened me and I have just discovered where things went awry: I did not see the difference between the NavBar and Nav Classic sections. I dropped the default NavBar and dragged in the the Nav Classic instead and hey, presto: The old transparent background is there - now fully customisable thanks to the Simple CSS plugin. Thank you again!

batman
I'm glad it worked. If you solved the problem click "accepted". I'm trying to learn helping. ;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

caspersjan
Dear Batman, I have not worked out the process of "accepting" answers, although on the two occasions that I have turned to the Forum for help such help arrived, succintly, instantly and generously... Now I notice boxes above the answer, presumably they will do the job, I shall try right now. Thank you again for your help.