Sign in to follow this  
jane

problem with mobile view

jane

Hi everyone, I have an issue with the functionality of my site I'm hoping someone can help to fix. When I view my site on my computer and minimize the browser all the content snaps into place as it should. However when I few the site on my ipod and iphone it doesn't. For example when i minimize my browser my mobile navigation activates and my sidebar falls underneath my blogpost which I like. But when I look on my mobile devices the sidebar doesn't move locations and the mobile navigation doesn't activate. Also, I'm unable to use fingers to zoom in. Here are some pics to illustrate my issues: how-it-currently-looks.jpg ^ this is how it looks right now in mobile view; notice the sidebar and nav bar how-it-should-look.jpg ^this is how it should look in mobile view; notice how the sidebar content moved positions Any ideas why could be?

mackenzie
There are two areas we should check within the settings to make sure everything is set: Pagelines > Settings > Layout Editor > Layout Handling > Responsive with Pixel Width Pagelines > Settings > Layout Editor > Layout Handling > Disable Mobile Optimized View (should not be checked if you want a Mobile View, checked if you want the full site)

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

jane
Hi Mackenzie, Thanks for your response. I already have these settings on my site though. Since that's the case, what else can I do? Cheers

catrina
It's probably a CSS issue. Have you tried using the browser-specific CSS plugin from the PageLines Store? If you reduce the sidebar width just for the mobile browser, you can check if the sidebar is just being pushed down because it's too wide.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jane
I've had someone else investigate this issue and it seems that it works well on an iPhone and a Blackberry. Perhaps there is a problem with my iPod touch specifically and not the site itself.

catrina
Usually it's the device browser (I didn't expect there to be a difference between the iPod touch browser and the iPhone browser). I tried searching around for any iPod touch browser display issues but couldn't find anything. Maybe your iPod touch version you have is older than the iPhone?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse