Sign in to follow this  
tkevingallagher

Magazine mode by Category

tkevingallagher

I want my site to look more like a real news site. Instead of just showing the newest posts in Magazine Mode I want there to be a header on the blog page for each category. News, Politics, Technology, etc. Sometime a bit more like the Huffpost I suppose. Thank you.

catrina
It can't be accomplished using any settings that are readily available so you'll need to do it with template code. Are you using PlatformPro or PageLines Framework?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

francism
You might like to have a look at the Types and Views plugin, which costs $49 - http://wp-types.com/ There's a very interesting tutorial that will show you exactly how to create what you want to do - http://wp-types.com/learn/create-a-wordpress-magazine-theme/ Not sure I should be telling you this if you are a Rand Paul-ite :)

msaizan
just want to mention that I sort of recall that there has been some conversation here about Types & Views not being compatible with Pagelines FW. Have you had any experience using PL with T & V @francism? Sorry for busting here but I am building out a news site as well, and so this conversation is of interest,

Danny
Hi tkevingallagher, There is a plug-in called Special Recent Posts, it basically adds a widget which has lots of options and on of these options is a shortcode for all the options you selected. This includes only displaying posts by category. You can then add this shortcode to your pages, its a really powerful plug-in.

Please search our forums, before posting!

francism
Hi msaizan, I'm new to Pagelines so I'm afraid I've no experience of using T & V with it.

Jenny
@tkevingallagher Please let us know if you still need help with this. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.